IT Law Group is a law firm focusing on Information Privacy & Security at the domestic and global level. We are based in Silicon Valley, California and have affiliated offices on the East Coast and in Europe. The IT Law Group was founded by Françoise Gilbert in 2003.
Our Global Network: To ensure that our global clients receive a seamless service independent of the location where they operate, we use the resources of our global network of legal experts based on five continents. Like us, their field of expertise is data protection, information privacy and security, and information technology law.
Our Clients: From Fortune 500 companies to emerging enterprises; from global companies to local businesses - our clients are technology companies and power users of technology.
Our Services: We focus our practice on the management, use, exploitation and protection of databases of personal information and other assets in electronic form. We provide strategic, highly specialized legal counsel and support to companies on information security and privacy, compliance and risk management issues to enable them:
- Plan and execute on the company’s information and personal data strategies;
- Successfully navigate a constantly evolving obstacle course of legal and regulatory issues and fulfill corporate compliance requirements;
- Develop, implement and institutionalize privacy and security programs;
- Structure, draft and negotiate agreements that fuse legal compliance, business objectives and technology solutions;
- Ensure that corporate and commercial transactions take into account the myriad restrictions that affect or preclude the transfer of personal data;
- Deal effectively with strategic business issues; and
- Manage risk.
Our Team: We have carefully built up a team of seasoned lawyers with extensive expertise in information privacy and security and data protection. Our team has unparalleled depth to provide the legal support required to address and solve with the thorny issues of data protection, information privacy and security.
Each of us has extensive experience with information technology and intellectual property issues that complement our work on data protection. This experience enables us, as well, to bring additional value in the form of strategic legal and business advice that incorporates our knowledge of industry standards.
We maintain our strategic edge through constant efforts to keep abreast of the important legal, business and technical developments across industry sectors to ensure our continued ability to consistently provide a high level of value to our client base.
Our Methods: We team up with company management to provide practical legal advice and counsel adapted to the client's needs. We create practicable policies and procedures to help manage risks and vulnerability, and to help comply with existing laws. We try to balance legal and business considerations in order to structure and negotiate contracts that frame win-win relationships while minimizing exposure.